Monday, 16 June 2008

Sleep deprivation

Work this out.  As part of any relationship there's no getting away from the topic of staying over.  Apart from the million other things that need sorting out with my relationship, this one has to be fundamental.  

Now, I need my sleep.  I need a good quality 8 hours of sleep a night.  Without it I am grumpy and I feel sluggish.  And, I have just had a bad nights sleep. 

The reason I have had such a bad nights sleep is that the man who is currently sleeping like a baby upstairs is a nightmare (pun intended) to share a bed with.  He takes over the whole bed leaving me to balance on the edge and snores.  All night.  So now, I have to function without having a full nights sleep and the sleep I have had has been disturbed. 

You may say, so don't let him sleep over.  But how does a relationship go forward if you state that you can never sleep together.  

At the moment, along with everything else, I don't think I care.  A full day at work, home and then a night waitressing.  I'm not going to get to bed until midnight - that means I will have been up for 18 hours without a goodnights sleep. 

My work colleague is woken every morning by her son gleefully coming into her room and asking what they are going to play.  He's 4 and can get away with it.  But she is feeling the impact of burning the candle at both ends and comes to work feeling exhausted.  


No comments: